New Marrow Uno: I'm home! New Marrow Uno: I'm home! New Marrow Uno: I'm home! New Marrow Uno: I'm home!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm home!

I was able to come home today around 6:00 PM. It has been an interesting week, and as some of you know my Hickman catheter (what chemo/antibiotics are run through) had to be pulled from my chest on Saturday morning because of an infection. A doctor placed a pick line in my right bicep yesterday (inserted into the Brachial artery), and it will do the same job as a Hickman catheter. For the last couple of days, my white blood count has triple twice, which allowed me to come home. I was given two units of blood and one of platelets today to make sure that my counts continue to rise. It is amazing that my recovery time was only six days compared to eleven days from round two. I will have one more round of chemo on July 6th, so I ask for your prayers that all continues to go well.

God Bless,
Mic

4 Comments. Click here to read or leave a comment.:

Kevin Leatherman said...

Mic,

Glad to hear the positives of your progress and your counts are on the rise. Hhope you continue to get better and best of luck with round four.

Chubber

Anonymous said...

Dear Mic,
This is the blog we have been waiting to see! So glad you are home and will be with your family for the 4th.
Prayers and blessings.

Mom & Dad Leatherman

Unknown said...

Cerra,

Awesome to hear your moving along as planned. Just keep fighting and praying. You and your family are in our prayers.

Take Care,

Smitty

Krawczonek said...

Hi Mic~
I was so glad to read your updated blog! You are always in our hearts and our prayers. Stay strong and God bless you and your family.
~Mary Ann